Enjoy this evening walking tour through downtown Thomasville, where you’ll sample food at unique restaurants, complemented by beverage pairings.
- An easy 1.2-mile walk through downtown Thomasville
- Sample of a variety of award-winning foods
- “Quail hunt” through downtown
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 4-12
Enjoy a Taste of Southern Hospitality!
Experience true southern hospitality through history, culture, and architecture. But best of all, experience Thomasville through food. As we walk through downtown Thomasville, taste several state and national award-winning foods not often found in small towns.
As you stroll among the brick streets, get an understanding of why Thomasville was voted #2 Best Small Town in the USA by USA Today!
You’ll also learn what makes each food stop so special to the town as well as the whole of Georgia, and why thousands of people came here during the Victorian Era.
And of course, no trip to Thomasville is complete without a trip to see one of the oldest live oak east of the Mississippi River…The Big Oak! A great way to experience true southern hospitality through history, culture, architecture, and award-winning food.
Escape the big city busyness and experience the small-town atmosphere that Thomasville has to offer.
Where to Meet
- Tours will meet at the Thomasville Visitor’s Center Courtyard, 144 E. Jackson St.
- Guests can park in the Municipal Building Parking Lot. Go to Crawford Street and Jackson St. Turn towards the Municipal Building. Go past the fire station and turn right into the parking lot. Parking is free.
What to Know
- Special diets can be accommodated
- We dine rain or shine
- Tour includes enough food for a large lunch
- Photography encouraged, and please share your photos!
Jonah’s Shrimp and Grits
Sample a bowl full of shrimp and grits that were featured in Southern Living.
Sweetgrass Dairy Cheese Shop
A taste of two of American Cheese Society award-winning cheeses that are made in Thomasville.
George and Louis’ Seafood
A Greek restaurant with a little southern flair. Sample their fried green tomatoes, crabcakes, and a true Greek salad that are considered two of Georgia’s Best 100 Bites.
A true pizzeria that serves a pizza on a sourdough crust, with sausage that comes from a 100-year-old store that makes and smokes their own meats.
A small-batch roasting facility, where they roast coffee twice a week. Sample fresh French pressed coffee and cold brew coffees from different parts of the world.
Marie’s signature butter cookies in the shape of Georgia and Thomasville marked with a heart. The cookies are both delicious and beautiful!